ENJOYING A SAFE SUMMER AT Wildcat Mountain
We’re passionate about the outdoors and our mountain communities, and we're committed to protecting these special places and everyone who comes to experience them.
We are excited to announce that the Scenic Chairlift (we will not be putting on the Gondola's this summer) will be open starting Saturday, August 1. All other activities will not be available this summer.
WORKING TOGETHER TO BE SAFE
It takes the compassion, care and personal responsibility of everyone to help us ensure a safe mountain experience for all. With that in mind, we have reimagined the resort experience to further prioritize the health and safety of our employees and guests in response to COVID-19. Safety has always been one of our core values and we invite you to learn more below about the new procedures and protocols being implemented with your safety, our employees’ safety, and the safety of our communities in mind.
OUR COMMITMENT TO SAFETY
- On mountain, our vast outdoor setting makes physical distancing easy. But in the base areas and other locations where it is more difficult to do so, we will have signage and decals to ensure guests remain six feet (two meters) apart.
- Guests will be required to wear face coverings in certain areas. This includes in lines, when loading and unloading chairlifts, when loading and riding in gondolas or bubble chairs, in indoor resort facilities, and for activities such as alpine slides and mountain coasters. Guests are strongly encouraged to bring their own face coverings, but resorts will have them available upon request, subject to availability. Employees will be required to wear face coverings at all times.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed in areas where physical distancing measures are not possible, including at points of purchase.
- Capacity of lifts and gondolas will be reduced to allow for physical distancing. Guests will only be allowed on lifts with travelers in their party.
- Employees may limit the number of guests in any area of the resort to ensure proper physical distancing (e.g. parking lots, indoor facilities, common spaces, etc.).
Employee Protocols & Training:
- All employees are required to wear a face covering and follow the company’s safety protocols and procedures at all times, including regular hand washing and the use of PPE and PPG.
- Employees will undergo daily health screenings and receive appropriate training to ensure safety.
- Employees are required to stay home if sick.
Enhanced Cleaning & Sanitation:
- High-touch surfaces will be frequently cleaned and disinfected with EPA-approved products that kill the COVID-19 virus.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting will take place daily in our gondola cabins, frequently throughout the day in our public restrooms and after each use on our alpine slide and mountain coaster carts.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be provided throughout the resort. Frequent hand-washing is required of employees.
- All transactions will be cashless for lift and gondola rides, mountain activities, on-mountain dining as well as at the Company’s lodging, retail and rental locations.
PREPARE FOR YOUR VISIT
We are lucky that our beautiful outdoor settings provide a landscape to experience nature and practice physical distancing while returning to the activities we love. To ensure a safe experience for all, it will take compassion, care and personal responsibility. We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- Stay home if you are sick or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Wear face coverings in certain areas.* Bring your own, but if you forget we’ll have limited supply.
- Including in lines, when loading and unloading chairlifts, in indoor resort facilities, and whenever it is not possible to maintain a six feet distance from unknown parties. Guests who are unwilling to comply with this safety requirement will not be permitted to participate in the experience.
- Comply with physical distancing guidelines outlined by public health as well as our resort signage.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water. Use hand sanitizer when you cannot wash your hands.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
To ensure we provide you with the safest experience, we will be opening with limited summer activities, focused first and foremost on getting you on the mountain. Specific activities and service offerings will vary by resort, and we will continue to assess expanding our operations as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Lift Lines: Guests are asked to maintain physical distance from those not in their party. Markers will be placed six feet apart to assist guests while in line. Guests must wear a face covering while in line and when loading and unloading lifts, as well as when riding a gondola cabin or bubble chair.
- Loading & Unloading: Guests will only be allowed to ride with travelers in their parties. Guests will not be paired up or asked to ride the chairlift with others. If six-foot (2 meter) distance can be maintained, then two people may ride the chairlift seated on opposite sides.
- Chairlifts will be cleaned daily.
- Dining Operations
- To ensure physical distancing, dining operations will run at reduced capacity with updated floor plans in common areas. Outdoor seating will be available.
- On-mountain dining will be grab ‘n go only and all transactions will be cashless.
- Rental, Retail & Ticket Offices
- High-touch surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected frequently, and hand sanitizing stations will be available.
- Updated floor plans and signage will help guests maintain physical distancing and direct the flow of traffic.
- All transactions in ticket offices as well as in the Company’s retail and rental outlets will be cashless.
- Plexiglass barriers will be installed in areas where physical distancing measures are not possible.
- Public restroom spaces will be cleaned and disinfected frequently throughout the day.
- Capacity limits may be in place.
- Guest capacity may be limited when partaking in certain activities.
- For the alpine slide and mountain coaster (where available), carts will be disinfected after each use. Riders will be required to wear face coverings.
- Limited activities will be offered during the initial phase of reopening, and we will continue to assess whether additional activities can be safely provided as the summer progresses and restrictions ease.
UPDATE - Lift tickets are no longer available for the 2019-20 winter ski season. Submit 2019-20 lift ticket refund requests by 7/31/2020. Refunds will not be honored past 7/31/2020. For assistance, please contact our customer sales and service center at 970-754-0007. Operating hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M (MST)